Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
- Must not exceed the number of adult dogs per household as per county ordinance
- under one acre - 4 dogs allowed
- between one and two acres - 6 dogs allowed
- over two acres - 8 dogs allowed
- Copies of Driver's License or valid State picture ID.
- Proof of current address where pet will reside.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pay adoption fee.
- If adopting a pet with a medical condition, must sign a medical release.
- If adopting a pet that has not yet been sterilized, adopter must sign a Spay / Neuter agreement and pay a $50.00 refundable deposit -- provided proof of compliance has been submitted -- as per Florida Statue 823-15. This agreement is only available to Miami-Dade County residents.
- If adopting a puppy or dog must pick up with a collar and leash.
- Due to health and temperament evaluations, you may not be able to interact with some pets during your visit.
- Date of adoption depends on stray hold period as well as spay/neuter status.
- Your pet may qualify for the Foster to Adopt Program, please click here to learn more about this option.
Pets of the Week
Toby A1203748 Max A1671017
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.