- Must not exceed the number of adult dogs per household as per county ordinance
- under one acre - 4 dogs allowed
- between one and two acres - 6 dogs allowed
- over two acres - 8 dogs allowed
- Copies of Driver's License or valid State picture ID.
- Proof of current address where pet will reside.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pay adoption fee.
- If adopting a pet with a medical condition, must sign a medical release.
- If adopting a pet that has not yet been sterilized, adopter must sign a Spay / Neuter agreement and pay a $50.00 refundable deposit -- provided proof of compliance has been submitted -- as per Florida Statue 823-15. This agreement is only available to Miami-Dade County residents.
- If adopting a puppy or dog must pick up with a collar and leash.
Pet of the Week
Find Halo & Stella at Animal Services, today!
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.