Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Dangerous Dog Investigation
Dangerous dogs are reported to Animal Services for investigation by calling 3-1-1. The complainant must leave their information and cannot remain anonymous. For complaints to be considered active, a dog attack must have taken place within the last 30 days. Complainants must furnish an address for the dog involved in the attack.
Please note that a dog that attacked a nondomestic animal, for instance a duck or squirrel, cannot be declared dangerous.
An owner whose dog has been declared dangerous must register the dog with Animal Services within 14 days of that declaration.
- Dangerous Dog Annual Registration Fee $125.00
- Dangerous Dog Life Registration (non-transferrable) $500.00
As a prerequisite to registration, the dog owner must supply:
- Proof of current rabies vaccination
- Proof of current Miami-Dade County tag
- Proof that the animal has a microchip, and that the microchip has been registered with the national registry associated with the microchip
- Proof that the animal has been sterilized
- Photos of the enclosure the dog will be housed in
- Photos of signs at all entry points to the property advising both children and adults alike that a dangerous dog is on the property
If you suffered a bite from a dog, please refer to our web page about rabies.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:09:53 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.