As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
- Be sure your tree is anchored securely so it doesn’t fall should your pet get frisky and tug on it.
- Keep your pet away from the tree water as it may contain traces of fertilizer or bacteria that can make pets sick.
- Sweep up fallen tree needles quickly as they can also cause stomach upset and may even cause gastrointestinal irritation.
- Keep your pets away from poinsettias, holly and mistletoe these can also make your pet sick and depending on the amount consumed can cause severe reactions including seizures and possibly death.
- Place candles out of reach from your pet as they may try to jump to reach for the candle, increasing their risk of being burned.
- Keep wires, batteries and ornaments out of their way.
- Make sure to keep pets away from the table and do not leave food unattended.
- During the holidays there are a lot of visitors, so give your pet a quiet place to rest, away from the noise. This is especially important on New Year's Eve.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.