Updating or Closing Pet Accounts
If your contact information (name/address) has changed or your pet has passed away, lost or given away, please update your account by calling 311 to prevent erroneous citation from being issued.
- Change of Address: If you have moved within Miami-Dade County, please submit a written statement with your old and new address:
- Change of Name: If your name has changed, please submit a written statement with your old and new name.
- Lost /Stolen/Gave Away: If your pet is lost (link to Lost & Found) or no longer in your possession, please submit a written statement stating the circumstance and approximate time since incident.
- Pet Death: If your pet has passed away, please submit a copy of the Death Certificate from the veterinary doctor/clinic or a written statement with the month/year death occurred.
- Moving out Miami-Dade County: If you have moved or planning to move out of Miami-Dade County, please submit a written statement stating that you are no longer a Miami-Dade County resident and the month/year that relocation took place.
All written statements are to include pet owner's name, address, pet's name and tag number (if available). Please include a phone number where you can be reached, should we need additional information to close your account.
Written statements and death certificates can be mailed or hand-delivered to:
ANIMAL SERVICES DEPT.
You can also fax documentation to 305-884-3447.
Please make sure to update your account as soon as any of the above changes occur. Updating your pet account is important to ensure that erroneous citations are not issued as a result of pet accounts not reflecting up-to-date information on the pet owner and/or pet.
Once again, to ensure that the correct account is updated, please include the following information on all transmittals:
- Pet Owner Name
- Phone Number
- Pet Name
- Tag Number
Inquiries and updates may also be emailed to: email@example.com
or call 3-1-1. Although every effort is made to respond quickly, as a result of high number of emails a response may take up to 2-3 business days.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.