Miami-Dade County Animal Services kicks off blanket donation drive to keep shelter dogs warm and comfortable on cold winter days
(MIAMI, Nov. 26) - Beginning, Wednesday Nov. 26, through Dec. 30, Miami-Dade County Animal Services (Animal Services) in collaboration with the Miami-Dade County Public Library System (MDPLS), will host a blanket drive for Animal Services shelter dogs. In preparation for dropping temperatures and the upcoming winter season, Animal Services is seeking donations of new or gently used clean blankets to keep shelter dogs warm and comfortable.
“Keeping our pets healthy and comfortable is a top priority. The blankets contributed help us keep our pets warm and dry while they await their forever homes during the winter months,” said Miami-Dade County Animal Services Director Alex Muñoz.
Donation bins will be available at the Animal Services shelter which is located at 7401 NW 74th Street, Medley, 33166 and at the Stephen P. Clark Center 111 NW 1st Street Miami, FL 33128.
Donation bins will also be available at the following library locations:
- COCONUT GROVE BRANCH - 2875 MCFARLANE RD., 305-442-8695
- CORAL REEF BRANCH - 9211 CORAL REEF DR., 305-233-8324
- DORAL BRANCH - 10785 NW 58 ST., 305-716-9598
- GOLDEN GLADES BRANCH - 100 NE 166 ST., 305-787-1544
- HOMESTEAD BRANCH - 700 N. HOMESTEAD BLVD., 305-246-0168
- KENDALL BRANCH - 9101 SW 97 AVE., 305-279-0520
- KEY BISCAYNE BRANCH - 299 CRANDON BLVD., 305-361-6134
- LITTLE RIVER BRANCH - 160 NE 79 ST., 305-751-8689
- MAIN LIBRARY - 101 W FLAGLER ST., MIAMI, FL 33130, 305-375-2665
- MIAMI BEACH REGIONAL - 227 22 ST., 305-535-4219
- MIAMI LAKES BRANCH - 6699 WINDMILL GATE RD., 305-822-6520
- MIAMI SPRINGS BRANCH - 401 WESTWARD DRIVE, 305-805-3811
- NARANJA BRANCH - 14850 SW 280 ST, 305-242-2291
- NORTH DADE REGIONAL - 2455 NW 183 ST., 305-625-6424
- NORTHEAST BRANCH - 19200 WEST COUNTRY CLUB DR., 305-931-5512
- PINECREST BRANCH - 5835 SW 111 ST., 305-668-4571
- SOUTH DADE REGIONAL - 10750 SW 211 ST., 305-233-8140
- WEST DADE REGIONAL - 9445 CORAL WAY, 305-553-1134
- WEST KENDALL REGIONAL - 10201 HAMMOCKS BLVD., 305-385-7135
About Miami-Dade County Animal Services
Every year Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department (Animal Services) provides care and refuge for over 27,000 unwanted dogs and cats. Every day, Animal Services staff and volunteers work diligently to find life-long homes for these abandoned animals by facilitating onsite adoptions, hosting off-site adoption at events and locations throughout the community, and working collaboratively with over 70 rescue organizations who share in our goal of a No Kill Miami-Dade County.
About the Miami-Dade Public Library System
The Miami Dade Public Library System (MDPLS), a recipient of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, serves as a community center and learning place where the Miami Dade community meets to exchange ideas, learn, share, and create. The Library strives to ensure that all residents, regardless of socioeconomics, will be enriched through access to materials, technology, art and culture and programs so that they may develop the skills they need to create and produce innovations for the 21st century. Through its 48 locations, bookmobiles, special services, website (www.mdpls.org) and MDPLS iLibrary app, the library proudly serves more than 7 million annual visitors. In the more than 40 years of serving the community, the MDPLS continues to experience tremendous change and growth, evolving with the technological needs and requirements of its diverse community.
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible. For sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or materials in accessible format, please call 305-418-7181 at least five days in advance.