Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Spay & Neuter
Miami-Dade Animal Services offers donor-subsidized spay/neuter services for dogs and cats at a low cost at the shelter. A surgical appointment can be scheduled online. Pet owners can also call 3-1-1 to schedule a surgical appointment.
- $30 cost for the spay & neuter services.
- Surgeries for dogs are offered every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (excluding County holidays).
- To qualify for the surgery, dogs must be at least 3 months old and weigh between 3 and 50 pounds.
- $15 cost for the spay & neuter services.
- Surgeries for cats are offered every Thursday and Friday (excluding County holidays).
- To qualify for the surgery, cats must be at least 3 months old and weigh at least 3 pounds.
- Feral cats will be accepted and will be ear tipped.
No food or water for the animal after 9 p.m. the night before the surgery.
Female dogs and female cats cannot be spayed when they are nursing. They may be spayed when they are pregnant or in heat.
Proof of current rabies vaccination for cats or dogs over 4 months of age is required. Rabies vaccine can be obtained on the day of the surgery for $15 (or $5 if owner is on public assistance).
- Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The check-in process can take from 30-60 minutes so please plan accordingly on the day of the surgery appointment. Pet owners should arrive with their cat or dog in a crate or on a leash. After 9:30 a.m, all surgeries with appointments lose their priority status and become walk-ins subject to availability.
Animal Services will continue to accommodate a limited number of walk-in spay and neuter surgeries on Thursdays and Fridays for cats only, in case those with an appointment do not come in. Sundays are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for dogs only. It is recommended that pet owners arrive early as there is limited availability.
Schedule an appointment online
Service Scheduling Software
Animal Services is determined to provide this service to all Miami-Dade County residents. Your patience is appreciated as Miami-Dade County’s Animal Services Department is limited to the amount of surgeries offered per day.
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) : Free service which includes sterilization, vaccination, and eartip for all community cats.
- The Cat Network provides low-cost spay/neuter services through its convenient "Miami Meow Mobile", which makes monthly visits (by appointment) to a neighborhood near you. For more information call 305-233-9958.
- The Humane Society of Greater Miami also provides low-cost spay/neuter services for dogs and cats. For more information call 305-696-0800.
Schedule an Appointment
Service Scheduling Software
Rabies and Microchip Clinic Hours:
- Monday – Friday, open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Spay & Neuter Surgeries offered:
- Dogs - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, check in at 7:30 a.m.
- Cats - Thursdays, Fridays, check in at 7:30 a.m.
- Appointments can be requested for surgeries offered Monday – Friday.
- Sundays -Dogs only - Surgeries are only available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Animal Services does not provide veterinary medical care for private owners and is not able to refer to private veterinarians.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.