Tips For Finding a Job
- Build up a network of people who work in your chosen field and know your job interests.
- Contact your trade union or professional organization and let other members know you are looking for a job.
- Be flexible: Do not limit yourself to one industry or one type of job.
- Evaluate your career so far: You will likely be amazed at your base of skills.
- Contact temporary agencies devoted to your particular type of work and sign up only with an agency that does not charge a fee. Look for these agencies in the Yellow Pages, newspaper, or the Internet.
- When you find a company you are interested in working for, obtain the name of the department head or personnel recruiter for your desired job area and submit your resume to that person (you do not have to wait for a company to advertise).
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.