About the Commission Auditor
The Commission Auditor reports to the Board of County Commissioners on the fiscal operations of County departments and makes findings as to whether the fiscal and legislative policy directions of the Commission are being efficiently and effectively implemented.
To the extent provided for in the annual work plan, the Commission Auditor is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Financial and compliance audits;
- Economy and efficiency audits;Program results audits;
- Contract audits;
- Special Studies;
- Follow-up reports;
- Fiscal analyses of County policies, service, and contracts;
- Review of proposed budgets, revenues forecasts and budget adjustments;
- Budget preparation if requested by the Board of County Commissioners;
- Determine the extent to which legislative policies are being faithfully, efficiently and effectively implemented by the County Manager and County personnel;
- Information on proposals that could adversely affect the County including, but not limited to, the County’s credit rating;
- Information to the Board whenever required regarding any subject relating to the affairs of the County; and
- Information about pending legislation, issues and proposals coming before the Board.
It is the mission of the Commission Auditor to provide high quality, independent audits, budgetary, legislative and other analyses, and other assessments to assist Board of County Commissioners' decision-making by helping to ensure governmental accountability and the best use of public resources.
The Office of the Commission Auditor was established in September 2002 by Ordinance 03-2 to provide support and professional analysis of the policy, service, budgetary and operational issues before the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners. The ordinance also placed administrative control of the Office of Legislative Analysis under the Office of the Commission Auditor.
in 2004 Charles Anderson began working with Miami-Dade County as the Commission Auditor for the Board of County Commissioners.
What We Do
The Commission Auditor's duties include reporting to the Board of County Commissioners (Commission) on the fiscal operations of County departments, as well as whether or not the fiscal and legislative policy directions of the Commission are being efficiently and effectively implemented. Ordinance 03-2 requires the Commission Auditor to submit a Work Plan for each fiscal year for approval by the Commission.
Table of Organization
The Office of tThe Office of the Commission Auditor reports to the Board of County Commissioners and performs both research analyses as well as fiscal audits.he Commission Auditor reports to the Board of County Commissioners and performs both research analyses as well as fiscal audits.
Policy & Procedures
Promoting principles of public interest, integrity, objectivity, professional behavior and proper use of government information, resources and position.
During the week of October 29, 2012, a peer review team from the Association of Local Government Auditors (ALGA) found the Office of the Commission Auditor to be in full compliance with Government Auditing Standards, which are established by the Comptroller General of the United States.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:35:17 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.