The Commission Auditor reports to the Board of County Commissioners on the fiscal operations of County departments and makes findings as to whether the fiscal and legislative policy directions of the Commission are being efficiently and effectively implemented.
To the extent provided for in the annual work plan, the Commission Auditor is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Financial and compliance audits;
- Economy and efficiency audits;Program results audits;
- Contract audits;
- Special Studies;
- Follow-up reports;
- Fiscal analyses of County policies, service, and contracts;
- Review of proposed budgets, revenues forecasts and budget adjustments;
- Budget preparation if requested by the Board of County Commissioners;
- Determine the extent to which legislative policies are being faithfully, efficiently and effectively implemented by the County Manager and County personnel;
- Information on proposals that could adversely affect the County including, but not limited to, the County’s credit rating;
- Information to the Board whenever required regarding any subject relating to the affairs of the County; and
- Information about pending legislation, issues and proposals coming before the Board.