Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
The following outlines the major accomplishments of the Office of the Commission Auditor (OCA) during FY 2013-2014.
- Completing nine (9) audit and non-audit service projects, following-up on previously unresolved findings from prior audits, providing audit technical assistance for various projects and inquiries, and continuing work on ongoing audit and non-audit service projects;
- Providing analytical budgetary reports and approximately 104 responses to commissioners pertaining to various issues and budget items;
- Analyzing the County’s Budget to identify savings without impacting delivery of services;
- Reviewing approximately 25 Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and Committee agendas (averaging 34 agenda items per meeting), and providing as supplements to the BCC agenda;
- Verifying accuracy of Board directives status details and producing quarterly reports to the BCC as per Resolution No. R-256-10;
- Providing BCC with budget reviews for Community Redevelopment Agencies;
- Providing detailed financial costs and budgetary impacts analyses for items with a fiscal impact as per Resolution No. R-530-10;
- Providing Tourism Impact Statements on certain legislative matters before the BCC as per Resolution No. R-581-11;
- Conducting background research on any person, organization, place or thing that is the subject of a naming, renaming or co-designation item as per Ordinance 13-29;
- Conducting background checks on members serving on evaluation and selection committees as per Resolution No. R-449-14;
- Completing background research on applicants being considered to serve on County Boards and Trusts as per Resolution No. R-636-14;
- Responding to formal and informal requests from the BCC on important County matters.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.