At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
The 2016 Annual Report for the Office of the Commission Auditor (OCA) is submitted in accordance with Sec. 2-479 of the Code of Miami-Dade County. During the year, the OCA continued to provide the highest quality professional services by:
- Completing ten (10) audit and non-audit service projects, following-up on previously unresolved findings from prior audits, providing audit technical assistance for various projects and inquiries, and continuing work on ongoing audit and non-audit service projects;
- Providing analytical budgetary reports and approximately 70 responses to Commissioners pertaining to various issues and budget items;
- Providing a summarized Performance Measures report to the Committeees in preparation for the Budget Cycle;
- Analyzing the County’s budget to identify savings without impacting delivery of services;
- Providing Research Notes for approximately 22 Board of County Commissioners (BCC) agendas and approximately 50 Committee agendas;
- Reviewing approximately 24 Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and all 54 Committee agendas (as per Chairman Jean Monestime), and providing as supplements to the BCC agenda;
- Verifying accuracy of Board directives status details and producing quarterly reports to the BCC as per Resolution No. R-256-10;
- Providing detailed financial costs and budgetary impacts analyses for items with a fiscal impact as per Resolution No. R-530-10;
- Providing Gender Equity Date for the first Status of Women report in Miami-Dade County, as per Ordinance No. 15-87.
- Providing Tourism Impact Statements on certain legislative matters before the BCC as per Resolution No. R-581-11;
- Conducting background research on any person, organization, place or thing that is the subject of a naming, renaming or co-designation item as per Ordinance 13-29;
- Conducting 69 background checks on members serving on evaluation and selection committees as per Resolution No. R-449-14;
- Completing 68background research on applicants being considered to serve on County Boards and Trusts as per Resolution No. R-636-14; and
- Responding to formal and informal requests from the BCC on important County matters.
The nature and scope of these accomplishements clearly demonstrate our commitment to value-added services and the dedicated efforts of our talented professionals. We look forward to continuing our work with the BCC.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.