At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Hospital Governance - Trustee and Board Performance
- Creating Clarity in System Governance
- Using Competencies to Improve Trustee and Board Performance
- A Guide to Achieving High Performance in Multi-Hospital Health Systems
- "Creating Clarity in System Governance" - Eric D. Lister, M.D., Trustee, November 2010.
Streamlined structures increase efficiency and strengthen authority….Yet successful hospitals and systems are growing and requiring changes in their governance to accommodate the addition of new facilities. These systems often find themselves wanting to create a simpler governance structure, which requires that stakeholders trade perceived local autonomy for the benefits of a more integrated system and a less cumbersome decision-making process….This article will explain the march to complex governance structures and then, through several instructive case studies, describe a path toward rigor and clarity.
- Workbook 2: Using Competencies to Improve Trustee and Board Performance" - James E. Orlikoff and Mary K. Totten, Trustee, April 2009.
Competencies-the combination of knowledge, skills, personal characteristics and behaviors needed to perform a job-have been commonly used to develop and manage employees….The growing interest in competency-based governance is not surprising. Corporate and nonprofit failures over the past decade have resulted in demands for greater board effectiveness and accountability. Growing public and regulatory scrutiny of boards has also prompted donors, bond rating agencies and insurers to pay more attention to governance as well. Therefore, applying competencies to the work of governing boards makes sense because of their link to performance improvement.
- A Guide to Achieving High Performance in Multi-Hospital Health Systems - J.Yonek, S. Hines, and M. Joshi, Health Research & Educational Trust, Chicago, IL in conjunction with the American Hospital Association, March 2010.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.