Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Building Code Amnesty Program
Residents of the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County may benefit from an Amnesty Period if faced with civil penalties and liens for Building Code violations (Expired Permit violations, Work Without Permit violations). This period will end on July 12, 2015.
Conditions that apply
- This Amnesty only applies to primary owners of a residential property and does not apply to properties owned by financial institutions or commercial/industrial properties.
- This program does not apply in the event that the County has commenced a civil action to collect on the civil penalties or to foreclose a lien.
- A permit is issued to bring the structure into compliance with the Building Code within the Amnesty Period (August 12, 2011 through July 12, 2015).
- The structure is brought into compliance with the Building Code within the period provided in the Building Code for completion of the work under the permit obtained within the Amnesty Period.
- All direct costs of the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department related to prior enforcement in connection with the structure, as documented by the Department shall be satisfied in full (These may include inspections, photographs, researches, recordation and enforcement recovery fee).
How to apply
In order to apply for this Amnesty, the homeowner must:
- Present evidence of ownership (Driver’s License, Copy of Warranty Deed, Quit Claim Deed, tax bill)
- Submit the Building Code Amnesty Program application form
Where to submit
You must submit the application in person at
Miami-Dade County Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 SW 26 Street
Miami, Florida 33175
For more information
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.