Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Boats and Recreational Vehicles (RVs)
Boat Storage & Parking in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County
A boat means any vessel such as watercraft, jet ski, swamp buggy or airboat normally used to glide or float on water. Boats of less than 30 feet in length, not more than 8½ feet in width and 13½ feet in height, may be stored or parked in residential, estate, agriculture and general use zoning districts subject to the following conditions.
- The place of storage or parking shall be to the rear of the front building line.
- Boats stored or parked on corner lots shall be screened from view by a privacy fence, wall, trees or shrubs to a height of six feet.
- Only one boat is permitted to be stored or parked on a property.
- Boat and place of storage or parking shall be kept in clean, neat and presentable condition.
- Major repairs or overhaul work are not permitted.
- The boat must be placed on and secured to a transportation trailer at all times.
- Living or sleeping on the boat is prohibited.
- Temporarily parking a boat in front of your house is permitted under the following conditions:
- No more than two hours in any 24-hour period.
- The boat must be hitched to an operable motor vehicle with a valid license tag.
- For the purpose of loading and unloading equipment and supplies.
- No parking on the swale or right-of-way. A boat that exceeds the height, width and length specifications is not permitted on your property.
Recreational Vehicle Storage & Parking in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County
Recreational Vehicle (RV) and Camping Equipment (CE) in the form of a pick-up camper, travel trailer, tent trailer, camp trailer and motor home, designed and used as temporary living quarters for recreation, camping or travel use may be parked on a single family or duplex residence, subject to the following conditions:
- Only one of such RV or CE is permitted to be stored on a property.
- Parking shall be limited to such RV or CE owned or leased by the occupant-owner or occupant-lessee of the site concerned, or owned or leased by a bona fide out-of-Miami-Dade County house guest of the occupant-owner or occupant-lessee of the site concerned, with the parking of such RV or CE not to exceed 14 days.
- The place of storage or parking shall be to the rear of the front building line and shall be setback from the rear property line at least 10 feet.
- Recreational vehicle or camping equipment and place of storage or parking shall be kept in clean, neat and presentable condition.
- Major repairs or overhaul work are not permitted and RV or CE must have a current vehicle registration license plate. When parking at a residential premise the RV or CE shall not be used for living or sleeping, or for housekeeping or storage purposes and shall not have any service connection lines.
- Such vehicles or equipment shall not exceed 30 feet in length and the maximum height shall not exceed 10 feet.
- Vehicle or equipment shall be secured so that it will not be a hazard or menace during high winds or hurricane.
- A dealer or individual offering for sale a new or used RV or CE must provide a copy of this code section to the new owner.
To report any potential problems, please call 3-1-1 or report a property via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:27:59 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.