Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Overgrowth of lot with junk and trash (After)
- The storage or maintenance of junk, trash, abandoned property or solid waste on any lot,
- Placement of an article in an area other than in a structure enclosed by four walls and a roof, called open-air storage,
- The growth or accumulation of any grass, weeds, or non-native undergrowth:
- on an improved lot exceeding 12 inches from the ground for over 10% of the area to be maintained. An improved lot is defined as having a structure, including a fence or a building.
- on an unimproved lot exceeding 18 inches from the ground within 100 feet of a property line with a structure within 100 feet of any improved road.
Maintenance of swale area in residential districts
It shall be the responsibility of the owner of property adjacent to a County right of way to maintain the swale area which abuts their property.
Maintenance of Agricultural properties
When concerns are raised about agricultural use properties and the complaint is deemed valid, a notice of evaluation shall be issued to the property owner. The owner shall be given 30 days to correct the use or practice.
Chapter 19 of the Code of Miami-Dade County requires the control and regulation of, excessive growth and accumulation of weeds, undergrowth, and junk & trash. Maintaining the exterior appearance of a property serves a public purpose in enhancing the quality of life and the economic vitality of Miami-Dade County.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:25:23 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.