Miami-Dade County's Enterprise Zone boundary modification Request for Applications (RFA)
Miami-Dade County via Resolution R-580-13, through the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Economic Analysis and Policy Unit (RER), as the local Enterprise Zone Coordinating Agency for the State of Florida (the State), as authorized by the Florida Enterprise Zone Act, is soliciting applications for the modification of Enterprise Zone boundaries (EZ) #1301 and/or 1301-A.
Under the provisions of the Florida Enterprise Zone Act, the County can apply once every three years for a modification of its EZ boundaries. This change cannot increase the current size of the EZ. Any modification requires an exchange of areas. Proposed modifications must meet the eligibility criteria of Florida Statutes 290.0055, 290.0058 and 290.0065. Responses to this RFA will be considered as important community input as the County prepares its application to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Division of Community Development, for boundary modifications to the County’s designated Enterprise Zone. The State may accept or deny the County’s application for an EZ Boundary Modification. Upon acceptance of the application by the State, no further administrative boundary modifications may be considered for at least three (3) years after this modification.
The current composition of the County’s EZ area includes parts of several municipalities (i.e., Hialeah, Miami, Opa-Locka, City of Florida City, City of Miami Beach, as well as others). Applicants seeking modifications of EZ boundaries in areas within municipal boundaries are strongly encouraged to secure the affected municipality’s support prior to submitting their application to the County.
Applications are due at the Clerk of the Board no later than:
August 12, 2013 at 2 p.m. (local time)
CLERK OF THE BOARD
Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street, 17th Floor, Suite 202
Miami, Florida 33128-1983
- Enterprise Zone Boundary Modification Package
- Boundary Modification RFA 2013
- 2011 Pervasive Poverty and Unemployment Charts
- County Forms A1-A5
Name and Title: Lori Weldon, Enterprise Zone Administrator
Address: 111 NW 1st Street, 19th Floor, Miami, Florida 33128
Telephone: (305) 375-3623
- An application for a residential development and not creating permanent jobs in the EZ will be considered, provided that it meets the other requirements for inclusion in an enterprise zone. The primary objective for this boundary modification is job creation and economic development, and job creation carries a 25% weight in each application’s ranking (p. 6 RFA). The evaluation score of a proposal will be adversely affected by little or no job creation.
- The RFA does not indicate a limit on the number of projects or the acreage of projects requesting to be included in the EZ. The County, however, reserves the right to refuse any or all applications.
- RER will be recommending the parcels to be removed from the EZ in order to accommodate new areas in the EZ.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.