Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Community Small Business Enterprise (CSBE) Program
This program is a gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as independent construction companies.
- Business Requirements
- Projects Under Review
- Certification Forms
- Contracting Opportunities
- Additional Forms
It is designed to provide opportunities for firms that meet the following criteria:
- Located and performing a commercially useful function in Miami-Dade County.
- Not exceeding 3 year average gross receipts of $10 million for general building (NAICS 236/SIC 15), $6 million for heavy construction contractors (NAICS 237/SIC 16), and $5 million for specialty trade contractors (NAICS 238,SIC 17).
- Qualifier must own at least 10% of the certified firm's issued stock.
- Personal Net Worth does not exceed $1,500,000 for each owner.
- Owner can have only one CSBE certified firm.
- Annual renewal of certification required.
Projects Under Review
Construction/CSBE projects and the review status of each are available online.Back to Top
The following forms are used in evaluating firms for participation in Miami-Dade County's Business Enterprise certification programs.
For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing
- Request New Certification Package
This form needs to be completed by all firms applying for CBE/CSBE/SBE certification programs. For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing.
- Small Business Continuing Eligibility Affidavit
Use this form for required Annual Eligibility Review. For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing.
- Re-Certification Application (new application)
This form is to be used when your CBE, CSBE and Micro/SBE certification programs expire after the three-year period.
- Change of Status
Use this form to request changes to current certification status.
- Personal Financial Statement
This form is required to be completed by firms submitting a New Certification Application, Annual Continuing Eligibility Affidavit and Re-Certification Application for certification.
- Certification Application Checklist
This document should be used to assist in compiling all documents required in the certification process.
Opportunities for small business participation in Miami-Dade County construction projects have been expanded through the use of Community Small Business Enterprise (CSBE) measures. Firms that are registered vendors with Miami-Dade County must be certified as a CSBE by the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources (RER) in order to participate on County construction projects fulfilling CSBE measures.
Qualified CSBE firms wishing to bid on construction projects should monitor opportunities from several county departments, including:
- Internal Services
- Public Housing and Community Development
- Public Works and Waste Management
- Water and Sewer
In addition the CSBE, Miami-Dade County has recently established a Community Workforce Program. It is applicable to Capital Construction contracts entered into by contractor and subcontractors with Miami-Dade County for construction projects located in a Designated Target Area (DTA). These projects are subject to a Workforce Goal as established by SBD, in which the awarded firm is required to obtain a minimum of 10% of its labor force from the DTA in which the project is located, in accordance with Ordinance 03-237 and the corresponding Administrative Order 3-37 as amended.
In order to do business with Miami-Dade County firms must be registered vendors. Vendor applications may be obtained from the Internal Services Department, Vendor Services.Back to Top
- CBE-CSBE Utilization and Assurance Form (105a)
- Certificate of Certified Payroll Form WH-347
- CSBE SOI (Schedule of Intent)
- CSBE Competitiveness Unavailability
- CSBE Unavailability Certificate
- Schedule of intent for Non-CSBEs (DBD 305B)
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) and Instruction Sheet
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) online
Submit Completed Application Package To:
Miami-Dade County, Internal Services Department
Small Business Development, Certification Unit
111 NW 1st Street, Suite 1900 Miami, FL 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.