Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Small Business Enterprise - Construction
This program is a gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as independent construction companies.
- Business Requirements
- Projects Under Review
- Certification Forms
- Contracting Opportunities
- Additional Forms
It is designed to provide opportunities for firms that meet the following criteria:
- Located and performing a commercially useful function in Miami-Dade County.
- Not exceeding 3 year average gross receipts of $10 million for general building (NAICS 236/SIC 15), $6 million for heavy construction contractors (NAICS 237/SIC 16), and $5 million for specialty trade contractors (NAICS 238,SIC 17).
- Local Business Tax Receipt for 1 year prior to certification
- Qualifier must own at least 10% of the certified firm's issued stock.
- Personal Net Worth does not exceed $1,500,000 for each owner.
- Owner can have only one Small Business Enterprise - Construction certified firm.
- Annual renewal of certification required.
Projects Under Review
Small Business Enterprise - Construction projects and the review status of each are available online.Back to Top
The following forms are used in evaluating firms for participation in Miami-Dade County's Small Business Enterprise certification programs.
For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing
- Request New Certification Package
This form needs to be completed by all firms applying for Small Business Enterprise program. For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing.
- Small Business Continuing Eligibility Affidavit
Use this form for required Annual Eligibility Review. For ease of use, forms should be saved on your personal computer and filled in online prior to printing.
- Re-Certification Application (new application)
This form is to be used for your recertification which expires after the three-year period.
- Change of Status
Use this form to request changes to current certification status.
- Personal Financial Statement
These forms must be completed and notarized for all New Applications, Re-certification Applications and Annual Continuing Eligibility Affidavits for Small Business Certification. Attachment A must be maintained with your office records, and made available to Small Business Development (“SBD”) when site visits are conducted. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the non-certification or immediate decertification of your business. Attachment B must be submitted with your application.
- Certification Application Checklist
This document should be used to assist in compiling all documents required in the certification process.
Opportunities for small business participation in Miami-Dade County construction projects have been expanded through the use of Small Business Enterprise (SBE) – Construction measures. SBE- Construction certification is required by the Small
Business Development Division in order to participate on County construction projects fulfilling SBE – Construction measures.
Qualified SBE – Construction firms wishing to bid on construction projects should monitor opportunities from several county departments, including:
- Internal Services
- Public Housing and Community Development
- Public Works and Waste Management
- Water and Sewer
In addition the Small Business Enterprise – Construction, Miami-Dade County has recently established a Community Workforce Program. It is applicable to Capital Construction contracts entered into by contractor and subcontractors with Miami-Dade County for construction projects located in a Designated Target Area (DTA). These projects are subject to a Workforce Goal as established by SBD, in which the awarded firm is required to obtain a minimum of 10% of its labor force from the DTA in which the project is located, in accordance with Ordinance 03-237 and the corresponding Administrative Order 3-37 as amended.
In order to do business with Miami-Dade County firms must be registered vendors. Vendor applications may be obtained from the Internal Services Department, Vendor Services.Back to Top
- CBE-CSBE Utilization and Assurance Form (105a)
- Certificate of Certified Payroll Form WH-347
- CSBE SOI (Schedule of Intent)
- CSBE Competitiveness Unavailability
- CSBE Unavailability Certificate
- Schedule of intent for Non-CSBEs (DBD 305B)
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) and Instruction Sheet
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) online
Submit Completed Application Package To:
Miami-Dade County, Internal Services Department
Small Business Development, Certification Unit
111 NW 1st Street, Suite 1900 Miami, FL 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.