At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
County & Population Profiles
Snapshots of Miami-Dade County's population based mostly on 2010 Census data.
- Miami-Dade County Profiles
- 2011-2015 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile
- Previous American Community Survey Multi-year Profiles
- Miami-Dade County Facts
- At-a-Glance Reports
- Data Flash Reports
- County Commission District Data
- Commission District Profiles
2011-2015 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile
With the 2015 data released in September of 2016, this profile of Miami-Dade County summarizes the 5-year changes in basic economic, housing, social and demographic factors, with highlights on variables that displayed significant change. It covers the annual data for the period of 2011-2015.
- Read the profile (4.44 MB)
Previous American Community Survey Multi-year Profiles
- 2010-2014 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile (1.27 MB)
- 2010-2012 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile (1.66 MB)
Miami-Dade County Facts
A compendium of Miami-Dade County statistics including demographics, housing, employment, income and more, produced in April 2009.
- Miami-Dade County Facts (4.73 MB)
- 2011 Commission District Census Profiles
This report offers a comparison of each Commission District to the County as a whole, and compares this data for each Commission District to the comparable Census 2000 data.
- 2009: Population Profiles
The U.S. Census Bureau began the release of a new data series as part of the American Community Survey program. The new survey, completed in 2007, is of communities with at least 20,000 residents and gives the first in-depth look at the smaller communities since the 2000 Census.
- 2008: Domestic Migration
The most powerful force shaping Miami-Dade County demographics has been migration. This edition of At-a-Glance takes a look at the magnitude of the domestic flows and destinations of the migrants.
- 2008: Household Structure
Household structure in the United States has changed dramatically since 1980. The change is even more dramatic in Miami-Dade County. This issue of At a Glance takes a look at these changes and compares the trends in the County with the State and Nation since 1980. It includes a snapshot at the differences in family structure between racial and ethnic groups within the County today and the implications for the incidence of poverty.
- 2008: Education
This issue looks at the trends in educational attainment over approximately the past 50 years for the entire population, as well as a breakdown by race and ethnicity. Further, it compares our level of educational attainment with the state and the nation. Finally, when educational attainment is examined according to place of birth, wide variation is seen between those from out of state and those persons born abroad.
Data Flash Reports
- 2013: Miami-Dade Municipalities Affected by Recession
- 2013: Asian Population Growth in Miami-Dade
- 2012: Miami-Dade is the Seventh Most Populous U.S. County
- 2011: Hispanics by Country of Origin in Miami-Dade
- 2010: Population Estimates for Miami-Dade
- 2010: Miami-Dade Census Participation Rates
- 2010: Geographic Mobility (Movers) in Miami-Dade
- 2009: Domestic Migration and Population Growth
Cities in Miami-Dade County
Data by Census Designated Place (CDP)
Census Designated Places (CDP) in Miami-Dade County
Commission District Profiles
The following documents profile the characteristics of the Miami-Dade County Commission Districts. The data is drawn from the 2014 American Community Survey 5-year estimates, released by the U.S. Census Bureau in December of 2015 and compiled in 2016. The profiles included are demographics, labor market, income and poverty, household characteristics, housing characteristics, housing costs, and are followed by district maps.
- Demographics (6.85 MB)
- Labor Force (7.01 MB)
- Income and Poverty (3.83 MB)
- Households Profile (6.59 MB)
- Housing Characteristics (3.10 MB)
- Housing Costs (4.84 MB)
- District Maps (8.48 MB)
The following are single-document summaries of economic, demographic and housing variables for Miami-Dade County Commission Districts. The data was extracted from previous releases of the American Community Survey and the 2010 Decennial Census.
- Demographic, Economic and Housing Characteristics of Commission Districts 2012 (2.83 MB)
- Demographic, Economic and Housing Characteristics of Commission Districts 2011 (2.95 MB)
2009-2013 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates Data
The following three documents provide summary data for each County Commission District from the US Census Bureau’s 5-year estimate program released in 2014.
- Demographic Data by Commission District
- Labor Force Data by Commission District
- Income Data by Commission District
2005-2009 Commission District Profiles
Sign up for Economic Reports
Sign up to receive e-mailed Economic Development reports produced by Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.