Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
County & Population Profiles
Snapshots of Miami-Dade County's population based mostly on 2010 Census data.
- Miami-Dade County Profiles
- 2010-2014 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile
- 2012 American Community Survey
- Miami-Dade County Facts
- At-a-Glance Reports
- Data Flash Reports
- County Commission District Data
- District Profiles
Cities in Miami-Dade County
Data by Census Designated Place (CDP)
Census Designated Places (CDP) in Miami-Dade County
2010-2014 American Community Survey Multi-year Profile
With the 2014 data released in September of 2015, this profile of Miami-Dade County summarizes the 5-year changes in basic economic, housing, social and demographic factors, with highlights on variables that displayed significant change. It covers the period of 2010-2014.
- Read the profile (1.18 MB)
2012 American Community Survey
Released on Sept. 19, 2013, the 2012 American Community Survey's Miami-Dade profile summarizes changes in basic economic, housing, social and demographic factors, with particular focus on variables that displayed significant change. It covers the period of 2010-2012.
- Read the profile (1.66 MB)
Miami-Dade County Facts
A compendium of Miami-Dade County statistics including demographics, housing, employment, income and more, produced in April 2009.
- Miami-Dade County Facts (4.73 MB)
- 2011 Commission District Census Profiles
This report offers a comparison of each Commission District to the County as a whole, and compares this data for each Commission District to the comparable Census 2000 data.
- 2009: Population Profiles
The U.S. Census Bureau began the release of a new data series as part of the American Community Survey program. The new survey, completed in 2007, is of communities with at least 20,000 residents and gives the first in-depth look at the smaller communities since the 2000 Census.
- 2008: Domestic Migration
The most powerful force shaping Miami-Dade County demographics has been migration. This edition of At-a-Glance takes a look at the magnitude of the domestic flows and destinations of the migrants.
- 2008: Household Structure
Household structure in the United States has changed dramatically since 1980. The change is even more dramatic in Miami-Dade County. This issue of At a Glance takes a look at these changes and compares the trends in the County with the State and Nation since 1980. It includes a snapshot at the differences in family structure between racial and ethnic groups within the County today and the implications for the incidence of poverty.
- 2008: Education
This issue looks at the trends in educational attainment over approximately the past 50 years for the entire population, as well as a breakdown by race and ethnicity. Further, it compares our level of educational attainment with the state and the nation. Finally, when educational attainment is examined according to place of birth, wide variation is seen between those from out of state and those persons born abroad.
Data Flash Reports
- 2013: Miami-Dade Municipalities Affected by Recession
- 2013: Asian Population Growth in Miami-Dade
- 2012: Miami-Dade is the Seventh Most Populous U.S. County
- 2011: Hispanics by Country of Origin in Miami-Dade
- 2010: Population Estimates for Miami-Dade
- 2010: Miami-Dade Census Participation Rates
- 2010: Geographic Mobility (Movers) in Miami-Dade
- 2009: Domestic Migration and Population Growth
This is the second in a series of reports that present individualized profiles for every commission district. They highlight noteworthy demographic, socio-economic and housing related characteristics of each commission district.
- Demographic, Economic and Housing Characteristics of Commission Districts 2012 (2.83 MB)
- Demographic, Economic and Housing Characteristics of Commission Districts 2011 (2.95 MB)
2009-2013 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates Data
The following three documents provide summary data for each County Commission District from the US Census Bureau’s 5-year estimate program released in 2014.
- Demographic Data by Commission District
- Labor Force Data by Commission District
- Income Data by Commission District
2005-2009 Commission District Profiles
Sign up for Economic Reports
Sign up to receive e-mailed Economic Development reports produced by Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.