Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Any person who installs, repairs, rebuilds, rekeys, repins, recodes, services, adjusts, opens or modifies locks, mechanical and electronic security locking devices and peripherals, safes, vaults, safe deposit boxes, and closed circuit television systems must register with the County.
Choosing a Locksmith
- Always ask friends for recommendations.
- Always deal with registered Locksmiths. Call the Consumer Mediation Center at 786-469-2333 for verification.
- Always check complaint records with the Consumer Mediation Center.
- Always obtain more than one estimate and get them in writing.
- Never choose on the basis of price alone.
- Always insist on an invoice listing the services performed.
- Never sign a blank form.
- Always keep records and paperwork
- Make sure that the Locksmith has a Locksmith identification card.
- Avoid hiding keys outside your residence or office.
- Install quality locks.
- Service residential safes every two years.
- Keep locks lubricated.
If you cannot resolve a dispute directly with a Locksmith or a Locksmith Business, complete the online complaint form which is automatically submitted to the Consumer Mediation Center. Please send all supporting documents (estimates, invoices, warrantees, advertisements, letters to and from the business) attached in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax these documents to the Center at 305-375-4120 or send them by regular mail to our main office. If you have any questions contact the Mediation Center at 786-469-2333.
Upon receipt of your completed complaint form and supporting documentation, the matter will be investigated and a determination made regarding the proper disposition of the case. This action may involve mediation or the issuing of a civil citation against the Locksmith or Locksmith Business.
The complaints and supporting documentation filed with the County are public records.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:58:51 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.