Miami-Dade County District 4-H to host Walk-A-Thon
(MIAMI, January 17, 2013) – Miami-Dade County District 4-H members and 4-H’ers from Palm Beach will host a Walk-A-Thon on Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to raise funds for “Feed My Starving Children”.
Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding starving children. The funds collected will be used to hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children and ship to nearly 70 countries around the world.
The Walk-A-Thon will be held in the two locations below.
Florida Christian School
4201 SW 92 Avenue
- Palm Beach County
Mounts Botanical Gardens
531 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL
To register, please follow the instructions below. There is a minimum donation of $5. If you are not able to attend, but still would like to donate money, please follow point 1 on the information below.
- Go to www.ayearwithouthunger.org and click on “4-H District XIII Council” in “Team Ranks” on the right side of the page.
- Click “Join Team!”
- Create a login and click “Continue”
- Create your page. We request all participants to make a minimum donation of $5. Set your personal fundraising goal, and then click “Continue”
- A confirmation page will appear. Click “Continue”
- You can now edit your own page (See “My To Do List” on the right). When you click on Build/Edit my webpage, put your name in all CAPS and then select your location (Broward, Miami-Dade, or Palm Beach).
- Once you are done, click “Submit”