Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Miami-Dade County Analysis of Current Economic Trends
The Miami-Dade Analysis of Current Economic Trends report is a quarterly publication that identifies local short-term economic trends and current economic conditions. The reports cover key Miami-Dade economic indicators such as employment and unemployment, existing home sales and prices, foreclosure activity, commercial real estate vacancies and leasing rates, taxable sales, and international trade & tourism activity.
The reports provide the latest data releases and at least 12 months of historical information, along with an analysis of the forces driving short-term economic trends.
The Fourth Quarter report (October through December 2014), released in March 2015, shows that by nearly all broad measures, the Miami-Dade economy is strong. Some key trends, based on industry reports, include:
- There are 44,200 fewer residents unemployed in Miami-Dade County than there were three years ago;
- Businesses located in Miami-Dade County now employ 90,300 more employees than they did just three years ago;
- Median prices of single family homes are 6% higher than they were one year ago and 40% higher than they were three years ago;
- Median prices of condo and townhomes are 8.6% higher than they were one year ago and 53% higher than they were three years ago;
- Office vacancy rates in Miami-Dade County have dropped 3% over the last three years and lease rates are up 3.5% from three years ago;
- Consumer spending is up as total taxable sales have increased 13% over the last three years.
Sign up for Economic Reports
Sign up to receive e-mailed Economic Development reports produced by Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.