Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Miami-Dade County Labor Market Report
The Labor Market Report is a monthly publication that identifies current labor market conditions and trends. The reports cover key indicators of the labor market, such as payroll employment by major industry sectors, including labor force and unemployment rates.
The reports provide the latest data release from the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics and the state Agency for Workforce Innovation, along with an analysis of the key factors driving changes on our local labor market.
The 2014 4th Quarter report shows:
- Total nonfarm employment added 35,100 jobs, up 3.3 percent from the 4th Quarter in 2013 after seasonal adjustment. Private employment was up 36,100 positions year-over-year (+3.9%), led by professional and business services, retail , other service jobs, education and healthcare, and leisure and hospitality and construction.
- Household employment grew by more than 35,000 jobs after seasonal adjustment while the adjusted labor force expanded by more 25,000 positions.
- The unemployment rate over the 4th quarter declined 30 basis points from the 3rd quarter to 6.5%. One year earlier the rate stood at 7.4%.
- See the latest data in the August 2014 Labor Market Snapshot
- 2013: Employment by Sector
This issue focuses on how the Miami-Dade economy has evolved, comparing May 2007, May 2010 and May 2013, based on employment by sector.
- 2011: Unemployment Increases to a Record High
This issue focuses on the unemployment rate that increased to a record level recently. In addition, a comparison with the corresponding rates of the nation, state and the neighboring South Florida counties, as well as for the municipalities within Miami-Dade County is provided.
- 2009: Unemployment
This issue focuses on the unemployment rate that rapidly increased over the past several months. In addition, it explores this rate over the past 20 years, by demographic characteristics, and by municipality.
- 2008: Employment
What have been the employment trends in Miami-Dade County? Has the local economy been able to provide more jobs and higher levels of employment? What has happened to the unemployment rate? These are some of the questions that are examined in this issue.
Data Flash Reports
Sign up for Economic Reports
Sign up to receive e-mailed Economic Development reports produced by Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.