Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Miami-Dade County Labor Market Report
The Labor Market Report is a monthly publication that identifies current labor market conditions and trends. The reports cover key indicators of the labor market, such as payroll employment by major industry sectors, including labor force and unemployment rates.
The reports provide the latest data release from the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics and the state Agency for Workforce Innovation, along with an analysis of the key factors driving changes on our local labor market.
The 2015 2nd Quarter report shows:
- Total nonfarm employment added 23,600 jobs, up 2.2 percent over the second quarter of 2014, after seasonal adjustment.
- Private employment was up 28,100 positions year-over-year (+3%), led by education and health services (+5,200 jobs), leisure and hospitality (+4,600 jobs), financial services (+4,200 jobs), retail trade (+3,700), and professional and business services (+3,600 jobs).
- The unemployment rate in the second quarter declined 78 basis points from the second quarter of last year to 6.25 percent. One year ago, the rate stood at 7 percent.
- 2013: Employment by Sector
This issue focuses on how the Miami-Dade economy has evolved, comparing May 2007, May 2010 and May 2013, based on employment by sector.
- 2011: Unemployment Increases to a Record High
This issue focuses on the unemployment rate that increased to a record level recently. In addition, a comparison with the corresponding rates of the nation, state and the neighboring South Florida counties, as well as for the municipalities within Miami-Dade County is provided.
- 2009: Unemployment
This issue focuses on the unemployment rate that rapidly increased over the past several months. In addition, it explores this rate over the past 20 years, by demographic characteristics, and by municipality.
- 2008: Employment
What have been the employment trends in Miami-Dade County? Has the local economy been able to provide more jobs and higher levels of employment? What has happened to the unemployment rate? These are some of the questions that are examined in this issue.
Data Flash Reports
- 2015: Labor Force, Employment, and Unemployment in Miami-Dade County
This issue provides a brief mid-quarter look at household labor force data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 2010: Rising Unemployment in Miami-Dade County
Sign up for Economic Reports
Sign up to receive e-mailed Economic Development reports produced by Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.