Issues for Study 2007
On August 1, 2007, the Task Force adopted the below 12 issues of study during this charter review process. At its September 5 and 19 meeting, the Task Force further revised this list to include an additional three issues.
- Study of the Sheriff, Tax Collector, Property Appraiser and Supervisor of Elections being elected
- Study of Compensation - Mayor and Board of County Commissioners (BCC)
- Study of Term Limits - BCC or other elected officials
- Study of BCC Composition
- Study of Municipalities and Unincorporated Municipal Service Area (UMSA)
- Creating/Abolishing Municipalities
- Separation of Powers or Responsibilities between the County and municipalities
- Annexation/Incorporation in effort to eliminate UMSA
- Study of Initiative, Referendum, Petition & Recalls
- Study of Balance of Power - Mayor & BCC
- Review Functions of Mayor vs. County Manager
- Review Powers of Commission Auditor
- Study of Procurement Reform
- Study of Lobbying Reform
- Study of Ethics Regulations
- Study of Public Records
- Study of Zoning and Urban Development Boundary (UDB) reform
- Study of the Delineation of Powers and Checks and Balances of the Ethics Commission and the Office of the Inspector General for Inclusion in the Charter
- Study of Any Changes to the Form of County Government be Required to be Placed on the Ballot during a General Election
- Study of Placement in the Charter Language regarding County Employees Convicted of Any Crime Involving a Breach of the Public's Trust be Subject to Forfeiture of his/her Public Salary, Pension Rights and Privileges
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.