Powers of the CITTThe powers and responsibilities of the CITT include the following:
- To monitor, oversee, review, audit, and investigate implementation of the transportation and transit projects listed in any levied by the County under authority of Florida Statute 212.055:
- To assure compliance with any limitations imposed in the levy on the expenditure of surtax proceeds, including but not limited to:
a. any limitation that surtax proceeds only be expended for the transportation and transit purposes specified in Florida Statute 212.055(1)(d)1-3;
b. any limitation that no more than 5% of surtax proceeds be expended on administrative costs, exclusive of project management and oversight for projects funded by the surtax; and
c. the limitation that the County Commission may not delete or materially change any County project listed in Exhibit 1 attached to the ordinance levying the surtax nor add any project thereto except as provided this subsection ( c ). A proposed deletion, material change or addition of such a County project shall be initially reviewed by the CITT, which shall forward a recommendation thereon to the County Commission. The County Commission may either accept or reject the CITT's recommendation. If the County Commission rejects the recommendation, the matter shall be referred back to the CITT for its reconsideration and issuance of a reconsidered recommendation to the County Commission. The County Commission may approve, change or reject the CITT reconsidered recommendation. A two-thirds vote of the Commission membership shall be required to take action other than as contained in the reconsidered recommendation of the CITT. The foregoing not withstanding, the list of County projects contained in Exhibit 1 may be changed as a result of the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) process as mandated by federal and state law.
d. any requirement with regard to maintenance of effort of general fund support for Miami-Dade Transit
- To assure compliance with any applicable federal and state requirements;
- To require monthly reports from the Manager, County agencies and instrumentalities regarding the implementation of the projects funded by surtax proceeds (which reports shall be posted on-line, i.e., made publicly accessible on the Internet);
To file a report, including any recommendations, with the Mayor and the County Commission on a quarterly basis regarding the implementation of the projects funded by surtax proceeds; and
- To monitor, oversee and periodically report to the County Commission on the level of CSBEs and CBEs in contracts funded in whole or in part with surtax proceeds, and to recommend ways to increase such participation.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.