Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
County Legislative Requests
Miami-Dade County departments and agencies interested in making a state or federal legislative request or a federal appropriations request are asked to begin developing their priorities each June.
This is done in order to allow sufficient time for review before a final package is adopted and ready for the beginning of the State legislative session, which normally begins the following March.
Follow the timeline below, then submit the correct legislative or appropriations request to the designated federal or state coordinator.
Timeline for State and Federal Legislative Packages
- County Manager instructs County departments develop legislative priorities and budget requests, in cooperation with Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (OIA).
- County departments submit their legislative and budget requests to OIA.
- County departments meet with OIA to discuss their legislative priorities and budget requests (tentative date).
- OIA meets individually with BCC members to discuss their legislative interests and the preliminary packages.
- BCC approves the budget.
- Congress ends its Federal Appropriations Cycle (tentative date).
- OIA presents the preliminary State and Federal legislative packages to the BCC for adoption.
- OIA meets with State and Federal legislative delegations to discuss their legislative interests.
- BCC adopts the final legislative packages.
- OIA delivers the legislative packages to our State and Federal legislative delegations.
- Florida Legislature releases CBIR forms for budget requests.
- OIA meets with State and Federal legislative delegations to file priority bills and budget requests.
- OIA continues to meet with State and Federal legislative delegations to file priority bills and budget requests.
- BCC and OIA refine the legislative plan through discussions with State and Federal legislative delegations.
- OIA completes Federal forms for appropriation requests.
- Florida Legislature begins its 60 day legislative session.
- Florida Legislature ends its 60 day legislative session.
- OIA reviews the accomplishments of priority bills and CBIRs contained in the package.
- OIA prepares an End of Session Report and performance review of contract lobbyists.
- OIA starts the process over.
Submitting a Legislative Request
Once your department has determined its legislative priorities, complete and submit a State or Federal Legislative Request Form or Appropriations Request at the earliest convenience to allow sufficient time for review. This is an important first step in a process that involves many more steps.
Submit the requests to email@example.com.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.