Class II Permit
The Class II Permit is needed to control stormwater discharge to any surface water in Miami-Dade County.
At a minimum, the first inch of rainfall that is not absorbed by the ground is required to be retained on site, prior to discharge. Studies have shown this first inch is where 90% of the pollution is picked up by rainfall runoff.
If the applicant indicates that they cannot reasonably contain the whole storm event on site, even after retaining the first inch, the County will then allow a discharge to a body of water.
The Class II permit will require further treatment of the stormwater runoff before discharge to the water body.
The Class II Permit is needed to control the pollution inherent in stormwater runoff.
Before you start work,
- Zoning approval from a local municipality or Miami-Dade County (if you are in unincorporated Miami-Dade) is required prior to construction activity.
- Depending on the type, size and location of development and/or construction, a Class I or IV permit might be needed, as well as a
- District Right-of-Way permit, and a
- Surface Water Management General Permit or
- Environmental Resources Permit (ERP).
Each project is reviewed on its own merits as far as other permits being needed. Depending on your situation, you may need one or more of the above-mentioned permits. Additionally, there may be instances when a permit that is not listed here is required. We encourage you to call 305-372-6681 to discuss your particular case or to receive additional information.
- It takes approximately 30 days to process the Class II Permit.
- The Class II Permit fees are listed in the Fee Schedule .
- The Class II Permit is valid for one year and it is renewable.
- View the Time Extension Permit
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.