Solid Waste Permit for a Resource Recovery and Management Facility
The Solid Waste Permit for a Resource Recovery and Management Facility is used to maintain a continuous compliance and enforcement process that assists facilities in complying with local and state regulations, which in turn protects human health and the environment.
A Resource Recovery and Management Facility Solid Waste Permit is required under Chapter 24-18, Miami-Dade County Code, for facilities whose purpose is the disposal, recycling, incineration, processing, storage, transfer or treatment of solid or liquid waste.
How to Apply
Other permits or approvals are needed or may be required for the Solid Waste Permit before you can start:
- A Certificate of Use and Occupancy from Miami-Dade County or a municipality's zoning department.
- A Class VI Stormwater Drainage Permit application and determination from Regulatory and Economic Resources (RER) Department's Water Control Section.
- An Environmental Resource Permit from Florida's Department of Environmental Protection may also be needed.
- Approval from the Department of Public Works and Waste Management.
- An Air Permit from RER's Air Facilities Section.
- State or Federal permits.
Depending on your situation, you may need one or more of the above-mentioned permits. Additionally, there may be instances when a permit that is not listed here is required. We encourage you to call 305-372-6600 to discuss your particular case or to receive additional information.
A properly completed application can be processed in 90 days.
A SW "Notification of Transfer Ownership or Corporate Name Change" form is required if applicable.
Please see the Fee Schedule .
Permits are valid for one year and renewable thereafter as long as the facility remains in operation.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.