Mom & Pop Small Business Grants for District 1
The Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program was created to provide financial and technical assistance to qualified small businesses that are approved for funding. This program has allowed small owned and operated businesses the opportunity to interact with local government under favorable conditions, and this relationship will ultimately bridge the gap between the two entities.
- The program provides financial assistance to further the economic viability of recipients. Funding can be used to purchase equipment, supplies, advertising/marketing, inventory, building liability insurance, security systems and to make minor renovations.
- Technical assistance is made available to small businesses in order to create a better working and business environment, promote economic development opportunities, educate owners about various county-funded programs and projects, form/foster better working relationships among small business owners, retain and eventually create more jobs, offer the necessary training that small business owners so desperately need to become more efficient and competitive, etc.
In order to receive the correct guidelines and be considered for funding, you must apply in the district where your business is located. To locate your district, view the County Commission Districts Map or call 311. Applications and start date for each district may differ, therefore, please be sure to pick up the appropriate application.
Commissioner Barbara Jordan's Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program is offering applications to qualified businesses.
All businesses must be located in District 1 and meet the following criteria:
- Must have been in business for at least 2 years, include proof ( example: any old License, Incorporations, Sales Tax, Income tax or utility bill )
- Cannot have more than seven (7) employees.
- Must not be apart of a national chain.
- Must have no more than two (2) businesses in the district.
- Must submit a current Local Business Tax license (Miami-Dade County Occupational License) or paid receipt, and Municipality License if located in a City within the County at the time of application. Business name on application must match one on license (include copy).
- A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
- Applicant must apply in district where business is located.
- Home - based businesses are eligible to apply.
- Applications will not be accepted after deadline.
- Only one application per business.
- Must not have delinquent loan with Miami-Dade County, County Department or a County funded agency.
- Businesses that received funding consecutively within the last 2 years must sit one year out.
- Non-profit agencies can not apply.
- Application must be typed or printed only.
- Applicants must sign and submit all requested documents
How to Apply
Applications are no longer available.Back to Top
Guidelines for Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program require that each approved recipient attend a certain number of business training courses. It is very important that you attend the workshops and complete the specified amount of courses. Otherwise, you may be disqualified from the program.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43:47 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.