(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- During the Martin Luther King weekend, Commissioner Jean Monestime will host a Veterans & Military Families Resource & Information Fair on Monday, January 16, 2012. City of North Miami Mayor Andre Pierre will also be joining the commissioner in organizing this event, held at the Gwen Margolis Community Center, 1590 N.E. 123rd Street, in North Miami from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Military personnel can receive information and assistance from the following departments:
• American Red Cross
• Army Onesource
• Miami Outpatient Substance Abuse Clinic
• U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, VBA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
• Center For Independent Living
• VA Hospital Miami
• Health For Homeless Veterans
The event was organized in collaboration with the MLK Parade & Festivities Committee of Miami, Inc., and sponsored by the U.S Department of Defense and American Veterans Alliance. For more information, please contact Commissioner Monestime’s office at 305-694-2779.