Commissioner Monestime to present citizenship drive
MIAMI – Miami-Dade County Commissioner Jean Monestime, in association with the Miami-Dade Office of New Americans, the Florida Immigrant Coalition, the Haitian Lawyers Association and the Caribbean Bar Association, will present a citizenship drive to provide free citizenship application assistance on Saturday, March 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the North Miami Library, 835 NE 132nd Street, North Miami, FL 33161.
Experienced lawyers and immigration professionals will be on hand to help residents fill out their citizenship application.
Applicants must have been a permanent U.S. resident for the last five years – or for the last three years if married to the same citizen – and they must bring the following:
- Home addresses for the last five or three years
- Children’s information (date of birth, addresses)
- School/employment history for the last five or three years
- Green cards and all passports
- Marital history/criminal history (if any)
- ID and Social Security card
Those wishing to apply for an application fee waiver must provide proof of inability to pay such as last income tax, utility bill, lease, and proof of public assistance. Registration is required by calling 305-694-2779 or emailing [email protected]