Commissioner Jean Monestime invites residents to ‘Adopt-A-Tree’ in District 2 on October 21st
Miami-Dade County Commissioner Jean Monestime is pleased to announce that Miami-Dade County will host its second Adopt-a-Tree event of the year in District 2 on Sunday, October 21st at Miami Dade College North Campus, 11380 NW 27th Avenue, Miami.
Doors will open from 9-11 a.m. Free trees will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis - while supplies last. Tree species that will be made available will be announced the week of October 15. Miami-Dade single-family or duplex homeowners are eligible to receive 2 FREE trees per year, even if they have adopted trees in past years. Residents can also exchange their old showerheads and standard light bulbs for high-efficiency showerheads and compact fluorescent light bulbs at the event. "The Adopt-A-Tree event is a wonderful opportunity for homeowners to get free trees that will add shade and beauty to their yards and green their neighborhoods," Commissioner Monestime said. Eligibility Requirements and Rules In order to participate:
- Participants will be required to present photo identification, i.e. a driver's license with the residential property address indicated on the identification.
- Other forms of identification containing property address information like a utility bill can be accepted as long as a photo ID is also presented.
Participants must own residential property in Miami-Dade County with sufficient room to plant trees.
- Participants are eligible for 2 free trees per Adopt-a-Tree season (each year), regardless if they adopted in past years.
- If the participant rents the property, they must have written permission from the property owner to pick up the trees. They must present their identification, along with a photocopy of the property owner's identification AND written authorization from the property owner. The Adopt-a-Tree Program will retain the authorization.
- Residents who may be eligible and are planning to pick up more than four trees (for various properties) at any given event need to call 305-372-6784 to make prior arrangements with County staff.
- Apartment buildings and trailers parks do not qualify for the Adopt-a-Tree Program.