District 3 small business owners may be eligible for up to $10,000 with Vice Chairwoman Edmonson's Mom and Pop Grant Program
Vice Chairwoman Audrey M. Edmonson is encouraging small business owners in her district to apply for the 2011 Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program. Applicants may be eligible to receive up to $10,000 to purchase equipment, supplies, advertising and marketing, inventory, building liability insurance, security systems, and to make minor renovations.
District 3 business owners can pick up an application until January 24, 2012 at the Vice Chairwoman’s district office, 5400 NW 22 Avenue, Suite 701, or on her website at www.miamidade.gov/district03. Applications can be delivered to the Vice Chairwoman’s office between January 24 and January 27. No late applications will be accepted.
A mandatory informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2012, at 6 p.m. at the Joseph Caleb Center 5400 NW 22nd Avenue, Room 110.
All businesses must be located in District 3 and meet the following criteria:
• Provide proof that the business has been operating for at least one year (e.g. any old license, state incorporations, sales tax, income tax or utility bill). Proof must be in business name (include copy only).
• Must submit a current Local Business Tax receipt (Miami-Dade County Occupational License) or paid receipt. Business name on application must match one on license (include copy only). If license is not required by Miami-Dade County, applicant must provide written proof from Tax Collector’s Department.
• City License if business is located in a municipality or paid receipt (include copy only).
• A printed copy of your active State of Florida Corporation if business is incorporated (can be located at www.sunbiz.org).
• Must submit outside picture of business location (building or work vehicle).
• Provide copy of picture ID (driver’s license, Florida ID, or immigration card).
• A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
• If applicable at the time of application, provide your Business DUNS & Bradstreet D-U-N-S number. To obtain a D-U-N-S number, please call 1-866-705-5711 or visit http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. This number is issued at NO COST.
• Businesses that complete job creation forms are required to create a new job. If a new job is NOT created, businesses are required to return all used funding.
• Businesses located in the NRSA (Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area) will be given special consideration.
• The Selection Committee has the right to request additional information, accept, or reject any and all applications, as well as create a special pilot project.
Applications can be typed or handwritten, and hand-delivered to the commissioner’s office. Businesses that have received funding in the past can reapply for a maximum of $5,000. Elected officials and government board appointees can apply provided they receive written approval stating no conflict of interest from the Miami-Dade County Commission on Ethics.
However, applications will be disqualified if the business is part of a national chain, relocates out of the district during the process, has a delinquent loan with Miami-Dade County, County department, or County-funded agency, a home-based business, has more than seven full-time employees (two part-time count as one full-time position), or is a non-profit agency.
For more information on the Mom and Pop program, please contact Vice Chairwoman Edmonson’s office at 305-636-2331.