Miami-Dade County Commissioner Audrey Edmonson and Miami City Commissioner Willy Gort to sponsor “Allapattah Service Day”
MIAMI – Miami-Dade County Commissioner Audrey M. Edmonson and Miami City Commissioner Wilfredo “Willy” Gort are sponsoring an “Allapattah Service Day” on Saturday, Jan. 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gwen Cherry Housing Complex, 2099 NW 23rd St. in Allapattah.
Residents can get answers to questions about child support, transit passes, food stamps, voting, jobs, and other topics.
Children will be able to enjoy free popcorn, ice cones and sodas, as well as activities provided by the Frost Museum of Science.
The following organizations will be providing services at the event:
- CareerSource – Assistance with jobs/jobs applications
- City of Miami Police
- City of Miami NET Office
- MDX SunPass
- Frost Museum of Science – Activities for children
- Borinquen Health – Blood pressure testing, health info
- Florida Health Department – Information on nutrition and health
- State Attorney’s Office – Child support, expungement of criminal records, etc.
- Miami-Dade Library Bookmobile – Library cards
- Florida Department of Children and Families – Food stamps
- Medicare – Medicaid, family issues
- Miami-Dade Public Housing
- Miami-Dade County Elections Department – Register to vote
- Miami-Dade County Human Services Department – Assistance with social services
- Miami-Dade Transit – transit passes, transit information, Golden Passport
- Miami-Dade County Animal Services – Information on pet care and adoptions