At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
General Obligation Bond Project
- Northeast Branch Library - Major interior and exterior renovations - $2,490,000
- Purchase Land for Parks / Public Facilities - $4,714,000
- Sponsored Flu Clinic 12/30/05 @ Sterling of Aventura
- Sponsored Showmobile at Aventura Arts & Crafts Festival - 2004, 2005, 2006
- Sponsored breakfast meeting for Aventura Marketing Council - 2005, 2006 ,2007, 2008
- Lights on the Lehman Causeway
- Traffic Signal Replacement @ NE 34 th Avenue - NE 207 th Street ( RIF)
- Traffic Signal Replacement @ NE 34 th Avenue - N. Country Club Drive ( RIF)
- Joint Partnership Agreement made w/ city in the extension of Miami Gardens Drive east of
- Biscayne Boulevard with addition of sidewalks by The Sterling of Aventura and Imperial Club. Funded by Road Impact Fees ( RIF)
Event Participation and Sponsorships
- Donated funds for purchase of equipment for Fire Rescue boat for use by Aventura, Golden Beach, Sunny Isles Beach & North Miami Beach. Currently housed in Aventura Marina - $15,000
- Sponsored "Awesome Readers" Club at Aventura Charter (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Donation to Aventura / North Miami Beach Lions Club
- Hope Walk Sponsor 2003, 2004, 2005
- Relay for Life Sponsor 2005, 2006, 2007
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving (2006-present)
- Bike Give-away for Holidays (2006-present)
- Backpack Give-away for Back to School - 2007, 2008
- Sponsored ACES 6 th grade art class field trip to Fairchild Tropical Gardens to view Chihuly exhibit
- Sponsored and participated NMB/Aventura Lions Club's "Back to School Backpack Give-Away" Relay for Life @ Founders Park in Aventura (2006, 2007, 2008)
- Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents.
- Grand-opening of Miami Gardens Drive Extension, November 13, 2007
- Hosted Showerhead Exchange Program
- Participated in the dedication of Aventura Waterways Park
- Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting
- Storytelling at Aventura Mall 2007, 2008
- Provided Hurricane radios to ACLF's (Assisted Community Living Facilities) in city
- Assisted The Sterling of Aventura in process to receive Evacuation Restriction from Miami-Dade County
- Assisted Aventura Hospital and Medical in obtaining a Certificate of Need
- Secured additional Fire Rescue Truck to be stationed in Aventura
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for City Police Department to enhance community policing efforts.
- Expedited FDOT/County efforts for road/sidewalk construction NE 27th Avenue on 182nd and 183rd Street
- Expedited Miami Gardens Drive east continuation with County and FDOT
- Monitoring County-Municipal Franchise Fee agreement (1997) for proper compensation
- Maintained Traffic Flow Capacity and Safety Improvement proposed project:
- Highland Lakes / 203 rd Street; Biscayne Boulevard and Aventura Boulevard / NE 196 Street / NE 195 Street / William Lehman Causeway / NE 191 Street
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments. Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer.
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings.
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.