Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Bay Harbor Projects
General Obligation Bond Projects
- Community Enhancement Projects - $661,000
Event Participation and Sponsorships
- Donation to Ruth K. Broad - Bay Harbor Elementary PTA - 2003-2008
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving (2006-present)
- Bike Give-away for Holidays (2006-present)
- Backpack Give-away for Back to School - 2007, 2008
- Donated Segway to Bay Harbor Islands Police Department
- Sponsored 5th grade class field trip to Fairchild Tropical Gardens - 2007, 2008
- Participated in Bay Harbor Island 60th Anniversary Celebration - March 2007
- Participated in Bay Harbor Island 5K - January 7, 2007
- Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents
- Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting 2008
- MADD Midnight Maddness Candlelight Walk - 2008
- Participated in parking garage ground breaking - December 9, 2008
- Coordinate efforts w/ representatives from Bal Harbour, Surfside, Bay Harbor Islands and Miami Beach regarding FDOT construction project taking place on Harding Avenue from 94 th Street through 75 th Street.
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Placed on MPO for FDOT analysis: Harding / 96 Street traffic flow initiative
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving
- Bike Give-away for Holidays
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated designation of dog park for NE Dade at Greynolds Park - East
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments.
- Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings.
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
- Working on music - nuisance abatement ordinance from Haulover
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.