At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Biscayne Park Projects
General Obligation Bond Projects Projects
- Construct Village Hall Building -- $356,000
Event Participation and Sponsorships
Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving (2006-present)
Bike Give-away for Holidays (2006-present)
Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents.
Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting 2008
Participated in Biscayne Park 75th Anniversary Celebration - October 2008
- Provided three (3) surplus cars to Village Police Department
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for Village Police Department to enhance community policing efforts.
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving
- Bike Give-away for Holidays
- Provided one (surplus) Harley Davidson motorcycle to Village Police Department
- Provided one (surplus) Chevrolet Suburban to Village Police Department
- Creation of Biscayne Corridor CRA
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated designation of dog park for NE Dade at Greynolds Park - East
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments.Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer.
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings.
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.