Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
North Bay Village Projects
General Obligation Bond Projects - Projects Funded
- Install Wastewater Force Main - $786,000
Event Participation and Sponsorships
- Donation to Treasure Island Elementary PTA - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving (2006-present)
- Bike Give-away for Holidays (2006-present)
- Backpack Give-away for Back to School - 2007, 2008
- Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents.
- Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting - 2008
- Coordinated with Parks & Recreation for construction vehicles to be parked at Pelican Harbor
- Working with City Manager to delay Water & Sewer impact fee increase
- Working with City Manager and Parks & Recreation Department for park amenities (bench, barbeque pits) at Pelican Harbor
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for Village Police Department to enhance community policing efforts.
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated designation of dog park for NE Dade at Greynolds Park - East
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments. Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings.
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for Police Department to enhance community policing efforts.
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.