As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Sunny Isles Beach Projects
General Obligation Bond Projects Projects
- Center Island Drainage Project - $2,500,000
- Redesign Active Park at NE 181 Drive and N. Bay Road - $347,000
- Beach erosion and renourishment project (regional) - $17,500,000
- Haulover Park and Marina (regional) - $23,000,000
- Haulover Beach Fire Rescue - $1,500,000
Event Participation and Sponsorships
- Sponsored Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival 2003, 2007, 2008
- Turkey Give-away for Thanksgiving (2006-present)
- Bike Give-away for Holidays (2006-present)
- Backpack Give-away for Back to School - 2008
- Participate in Kite Festival at Haulover Park
- Read to children at Sunny Isles Beach library annually
- Sponsored Lifeguard team at Dragon Boat Festival (2004, 2005)
- Sponsored N. Dade Chamber's 5th Annual Big Fish Tournament held at Haulover
- Sponsored Sunny Isles Beach 10th Anniversary Celebration - 2007
- Hosted Flu Clinic at Sunny Isles Beach Government Center - 2007, 2008
- Attended groundbreaking of Sunny Isles Beach School BB1 - May 8, 2007
- Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents
- Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting - 2008
- Hosted U.S. Passport Day with Team Metro at Sunny Isles Beach Government Center - March 28, 2008
- Initiated $25,000 line item in County budget for North Miami Beach Optimist Regional Sports program
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for City Police Department to enhance community policing efforts.
- Coordinate efforts w/ representatives from Bal Harbour, Surfside, Bay Harbor Islands, Sunny Isles Beach and Miami Beach regarding FDOT construction project taking place on Harding Avenue from 94 th Street through 75 th Street.
- Placed on MPO for FDOT analysis: Harding / 96 Street traffic flow initiative
- Monitoring County-Municipal Franchise Fee agreement (1997) for proper compensation
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated designation of dog park for NE Dade at Greynolds Park - East
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments.Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer.
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals.
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings
- Expanding Fire Rescue services
- Advocating FEC Light Rail for traffic alternatives
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
- Sponsored a resolution supporting FDOT bridge grant application
Supported and Involved with
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Democrats Sunflower
- Society Concerned Citizens
District Responsive Grant Recipients
- Jewish Community Services - Sunny Isles Beach Senior Center for preventive and wellness activities - $25,000 (2004, 2005)
- The Johan DeVries Foundation - Food Recovery/Distribution program for Dialysis patients - $14,000 (2004)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.