At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
General Obligation Bond Projects Projects
- Water & Sewer Enhancements - $829,000
- Beach renourishment project - $6.8 million
Event Participation and Sponsorships
- MADD Midnight Maddness Candlelight Walk - 2008
- Sponsored In-Kind Services for the Surfside Health and Fitness Festival on February 18, 2007
- Sponsored In-Kind Services for the Surfside Art Festival - 2007, 2008
- Hosted a Fire Prevention Press Conference October 5, 2008. Cities received smoke detectors for constituents
- Sponsored In-Kind Services for the Surfside Holiday Party - 2008
- Hosted Regional Hurricane Strategy Meeting - 2008
- Coordinate efforts w/ representatives from Bal Harbour, Surfside, Bay Harbor Islands, Sunny Isles
- Beach and Miami Beach regarding FDOT construction project taking place on Harding Avenue from 94 th Street through 75 th Street
- Purchased Segway Human Transporter for Town Police Department to enhance community policing efforts
- Hurricane Wilma assistance - government to government supply deployment
- Placed on MPO for FDOT analysis: Harding / 96 Street traffic flow initiative
- Sponsored ordinance to properly store building supplies and loose property at "Hurricane Watch" status
- Initiated designation of dog park for NE Dade at Greynolds Park - East
- Initiated electronic subpoenas: Police court appearances will be thru e-subpoenas rather than delivered - save money over time and reducing man-power demands on all police departments Will prevent appearance of officers when court dates are cancelled thru computer
- Requesting County appeal FEMA denial for Hurricane Katrina assistance to individuals
- Sponsored ordinance to increase number of members to assure quorums for Planning Advisory Board (PAB) meetings
- Sponsored Hurricane Strategy meeting to coordinate Hurricane plan for District 4 municipalities
- Initiated addition of Pet-friendly shelter in Northeast Dade
- Furnished all fire and rescue vehicles with feline and canine oxygen equipment
- Participate in annual Baynanza clean-up
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.