Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Awards and Recognitions
- Miami-Dade County Health Department - Presented with an Honorable Award in sincere appreciation for her dedication and commitment to Communities Putting Prevention to Work and the Consortium for a Healthier Miami-Dade - September 30, 2011
- Amigos For Kids - Presented with the Lollipop Award in recognition of her steadfast support and commitment to keeping the children in our community safe - April 30, 2011
- United States Census 2010 Award - Award as a valued partner and offers for her support in raising awareness of and inspiring participation in the 2010 Census
- Miami-Dade County Health Department Consortium for a Healthier Miami-Dade - Award In Appreciation of Her Commitment and Dedication as Champion of the "Community Putting Prevention to Work" Program - September 17, 2010
- The City of Miami West Miami honors Commissioner Sosa by naming the newly unveiled City of West Miami Multi-Purpose facility and Recreation Center in her honor - August 16, 2010
- 2010 Chairperson of the American Cancer Society - 10th Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk to be held on Saturday October 2
- Rebeca Sosa Theater - The City of Miami Springs honors Commissioner Sosa by naming the Rebeca Sosa Theater in the newly unveiling Miami Springs Recreation Center in her honor - April 8, 2010
- Leadership Award - Presented by Miami Children's Hospital during their annual 2010 Goals Kick-Off Luncheon - February 4, 2010
- Ninos de la Luz - Music Performance by Autistic Children - Award in appreciation of her outstanding contribution to the foundation - September 2009
- River Cities Charter School - Award in appreciation of Commissioner Rebeca Sosa's support. - August 2009.
- The Roxy Theatre Group at the Roxy Performing Arts Center - Recognition award for her outstanding support of their arts programming. - June 12 -13, 2009.
- Circulo Nacional de Periodistas de Cuba - presented to Commissioner for her achievements in the field of education and for her service to the community without ever forgetting her Cuban roots. - May 20, 2009.
- City of West Miami - For her efforts and dedication to the citizens of the City of West Miami and in appreciation for her generous commitment and contribution in funding the City of West Miami Multipurpose Facility at the West Miami Recreation Center - April 20, 2009
- 3rd Annual Garza Award 2008 - Community Personality of the Yearâ€ â€“ Presented to Commissioner Sosa in recognition of her collaboration in the arts. â€“ November 25, 2008.
- El Hogar Canario de la Florida - Award for her cooperation and support to the Canarian Community in Florida, November 15, 2008.
- American Diabetes Association - 2008 Valor Award - In recognition of her outstanding service and leadership Friday, September 19, 2008
- Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade - Commissioner presented with the McGruff "Take a Bite Out of Crime" award in recognition of her support to the program. The award was presented to the Commissioner during the 33rd Annual Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade Awards Ceremony held on Friday, May 30th, 2008.
- City of West Miami - In recognition of your unwavering and continued efforts that add to the quality of life the citizens of the City of West Miami. - April 14, 2008.
- Latinos United in Action Center - Dominican American Week Committee - Appreciation Award Presented to Commissioner Rebeca Sosa for her leadership of Santo Domingo - Miami-Dade Sister Cities Program, and assistance to the victims of Tropical Storm Noel in the Dominican Republic - February 23, 2008
- Latina Style Magazine - Commissioner Sosa presented with the Public Service Award during the annual Latina Style Business Series, November 30, 2007.
- The National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. (NIGP) Greater Miami Chapter - Public Elected Official of the Year Award - has announced the recognition of Miami-Dade County Commissioner Rebeca Sosa as its first Public Official of the Year. Commissioner Sosa's dedication to improving the procurement processes of Miami-Dade County has resulted in a modernization of procurement ordinances, administrative orders, and procurement policies. Her interest and dedication has also increased the ethics and professionalism of County procurement staff and has resulted in the County receiving the NIGP Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award and the Pareto Award, the highest award that can be given for outstanding performance in public procurement and the most prestigious form of peer recognition. - Tuesday, October 16, 2007 Alianza Latina Contra la Violencia Familiar - Commissioner Sosa was honored by the Alianza Latina Contra La Violencia Familiar (Latin Alliance Against Family Violence) for her work in family violence prevention and establishing the "Domestic Violence Hurts Everyone Especially Children" Campaign and outcome of the Assist Children Impacted by Domestic Violence Resolution presented by the Commissioner in 2006 - Friday, October 12, 2007
- Voices for Children - Leadership Award - Most Valuable Protector - “ In recognition of her exemplary commitment to Voices for Children, The Guardian Ad Litem Program and the Abused, Abandoned, and Neglected Children -“ Friday, October 12, 2007
- National Crime Victim's Rights Week -“ Award Presented to Commissioner Rebeca Sosa for Outstanding Contribution to the Welfare of Children - “ April 25, 2007
- Kinloch Park Elementary PTA - Award Presented to Commissioner Rebeca Sosa in appreciation for her dedication and commitment to the school and students.
- The 17th Annual Board of Directors Installation and Awards Luncheon - presented the "Special Appreciation Award" to Commissioner Sosa for her support of the Breakfast for Seniors Program and her commitment to the elders of the community.
- Special Operation Force 478th Civil Affairs Battalion - Certificate of Appreciation for her selfless service and support to Soldiers, Marines and Airman of the United States Armed Forces.
- United Order True Sisters Cancer Camp - Certificate of Appreciation for her continue support to the camp
- Special Recognition Award: Exponica 2006
- Charles Hadley Elementary School - Hispanic Role Model of the Year: in recognition of her support to the school and to the Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration.
- The Probate and Guardianship Committee of the South Florida Bar Association / Special Recognition Award: The organization recognized the Commissioner's instrumental role in furthering Guardianship issues and for her work on behalf of the incapacitated in the community.
- Certificate of Appreciation: Dade Christian School for participating in the National Day of Prayer event
- Certificate of Appreciation: from the Miami-Dade Public Library System for 2006
- Women of Leadership Award: on behalf of the South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce during their 3rd annual Women's History Month Celebration
- Certificate of Appreciation: from the Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce of South Florida for her outstanding support of the Puerto Rican community.
- Majestic Eagle Award: in recognition of outstanding contributions and partnership to Crime Watch
- City of West Miami/Special Recognition Award: in recognition of continued dedication in improving the quality of life for West Miami residents
- Peruvian American Coalition/Special Recognition Award: in recognition of outstanding support to the Peruvian Community
- La Liga Contra El Cancer/Special Recognition Award: in recognition of outstanding dedication, commitment and contribution to patients of la Liga Contra el Cancer.
- Ana Maria Arias Congressional Trailblazer Award: recognition for outstanding leadership and public service
- Outstanding Citizen Award: Council of Garden Club Residents
- Outstanding Service Award: Dade Coalition for Community Education Exemplary Services to the Citizens of South Florida Award
- Floridian Award, Cuban Women Club/Special Recognition Award: Cuban Teachers in Exile/Special Recognition Award, League of Women Voters
- Special Recognition Award: League of Women Voters
- Dynamic Woman Award: American Cancer Society
- Who's Who Among University and Colleges
- Certificate of Appreciation: for her dedicated efforts in support of the S26 Pump, the Basin Phase 1 and the S25 Forward Pump, South Florida Water Management District
- Certificate of Appreciation: Miami-Dade Public Library System
- Mayor Emeritus: City of West Miami
- Majestic Eagle Award: for her dedication as a Crime Watch Leader
- Truth and Hopes Award: Human Services Coalition
- Special Recognition: Eleventh Judicial Court of Miami-Dade County for her support of the Miami-DadeCounty Drug Court
- Special Recognition: Miami Children's Hospital for continuous help in fighting cancer
- Special Recognition: American Red Cross
- Outstanding Community Service Award: Sylvania Heights Elementary
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.