Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa supports Florida legislation banning texting while driving
(Miami, FL) - Since 2008, Miami-Dade County Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa has sponsored legislation advocating the ban on texting while driving in Florida. As the Florida legislature’s 2013 session begins this week, the chairwoman continues to urge the Miami-Dade delegation to support the bills banning texting while driving presented during the session.
“One small distraction behind the wheel is big enough to shatter lives. Banning texting while driving will bring new hope to make our roadways safer for drivers and pedestrians. I encourage our State Legislators to take action to save lives,” said Chairwoman Sosa.
Florida is one of only five states that has not imposed a ban on texting while driving, whether for all drivers or limited groups of motorists. The following is a list of legislation sponsored by Chairwoman Sosa urging the Florida Legislature to ban texting while driving:
- File 121522, introduced July 2012, adopted September 2012, (prime sponsor)
- File 120053, introduced and adopted January 2012, (co-sponsor)
- File 102214, introduced and adopted September 2010, (co-sponsor)
- File 092854, introduced October 2009 and adopted November 2009 (prime sponsor)
- File 090131, introduced January 2009, adopted February 2009 (prime sponsor)
- File 082993, introduced October 2008, adopted December 2008 (co-sponsor)
For more information, please call Chairwoman Sosa’s office at 305-267-6377.