Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa reacts to ban on texting-while-driving in Florida
(Miami, FL) -- Miami-Dade County Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa is a longtime supporter of banning texting-while-driving in Florida. She has the following message regarding yesterday’s adoption by the Senate of a House-amended legislation to approve the ban.
“I applaud our State Legislature for finally passing this much needed law that will save many lives and prevent property damage. I hope that this ban will make drivers more cautious with their actions while driving. Texting is a deadly distraction and I’m relieved that Florida will soon have safer roads,” said Chairwoman Sosa.
Since 2008, Chairwoman Sosa has sponsored legislation advocating the ban on texting-while-driving in Florida, including:
- File 121522, introduced July 2012, adopted September 2012, (prime sponsor)
- File 120053, introduced and adopted January 2012, (co-sponsor)
- File 102214, introduced and adopted September 2010, (co-sponsor)
- File 092854, introduced October 2009 and adopted November 2009 (prime sponsor)
- File 090131, introduced January 2009, adopted February 2009 (prime sponsor)
- File 082993, introduced October 2008, adopted December 2008 (co-sponsor)
For more information, please call Chairwoman Sosa’s office at 305-267-6377.