Commissioner Esteban Bovo, Jr. announces the application process for the 2014 Mom & Pop Small business grants in District 13
MIAMI-DADE, FL – Miami-Dade County Commissioner Esteban Bovo Jr. invites small business owners in County Commission District 13 to apply for up to $5,000 in grant money from the County’s Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program. The grant may be used for purchasing equipment, supplies, inventory, commercial liability insurance, security systems, advertising and marketing, minor renovations and more.
Applications will be available starting March 3rd through March 14th, 2014 and may be picked up at Hialeah Dade Development, located at 501 Palm Avenue Hialeah, FL 33014, and must be turned in by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 14th.
In order to participate, all businesses must have the following requirements:
- Must be located in District 13.
- Must have been existence for at least 1 year.
- Sales/Revenues must not exceed $500,000 dollars per year.
- Cannot have more than 15 employees.
- Must not be part of a national chain.
- Not for Profit businesses are not eligible to apply.
- A physical address is required. P.O. Box as a mailing address is not allowed.
- Only one application per business/individual.
- Must not have a past due loan with Miami-Dade County or a County Department.
- Must not have been funded through the program in any previous year.
The application must be turned in with the following documents:
- Last year’s business and personal tax return.
- Must submit a valid Occupational License/Tax receipt (County and City).
- Provide copy of lease and/or warranty deed.
- Exterior photo of the business with the business name.
- Copy of driver’s license.
For more information on the Mom and Pop Small Business Grant application process, please call the Office of Commissioner Esteban Bovo Jr. at 305-820-8424 or online.