Commissioner Bovo announces support for Gov. Scott's job creation plan
MIAMI-DADE, FL – Miami-Dade County Commissioner Esteban Bovo Jr. has announced his support for Gov. Rick Scott’s plan to bring more jobs to the state by fully funding Enterprise Florida.
“Gov. Scott’s plan to fully fund Enterprise Florida is one that deserves all our support because it will promote job creation and economic growth,” Commissioner Bovo said.
Gov. Scott’s plan calls for the following:
- Create a new $250 million competitive fund called the “Florida Enterprise Fund.”
- Make the Florida Enterprise Fund a state trust fund to replace the existing escrow account to allow the state’s investment to accrue more interest.
- Increase the Legislature’s role in competing for job creation projects by requiring that any deal over $1 million have the approval of the Speaker of the House and the Senate President, as well as the Governor.
- Reform the return on investment requirements by eliminating the use of waivers and requiring a 10 percent annualized return on top of the original amount invested in a company.
- Streamline the state’s approval process while continuing to ensure that NO tax dollars leave the state trust fund until a company meets specific job creation goals spelled out in their contract.
To voice your support for Gov. Scott’s plan, visit www.enterpriseflorida.com/contactyourlegislator.