(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Commissioner Esteban Bovo, Jr. is inviting residents to his first free Health Fair on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at Norman & Jean Reach Park, 7895 NW 176 Street, in Miami. Residents can come by any time between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. and take advantage of a number of free health services:
• Eye exams from Pearle Vision
• 30-minute kids’ karate lessons from Zen Dojo Karate School
• Blood pressure screening from FIU’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences
• “Ask the Nurse” station to assist residents with confidential health questions
• Health information from United HealthCare, Miami-Dade Department of Health & Jackson North Medical Center
• And more!
During the month of October, Commissioner Bovo will be promoting health initiatives throughout the community and encouraging residents to take part in preventative care, exercise, and a healthier diet.
For more information, please contact Commissioner Bovo’s office at 305-375-4831.