Camp Black Bear
This summer, let your child explore the wild side of the parks in this nature-based camp. Your child will perform scientific experiments, go on environmental fieldtrips and participate in athletic activities in the great outdoors while under the safety of our staff's supervision.
Each camp week is divided into ten weekly sessions that cover different themes:
- June 12-16: Feathered Friends
- June 19-23: Insect Investigation
- June 26-30: Under the Sea
- July 5-8: Bizarre Botany
- July 10-14: Serious Survivors
- July 17-21: Mad Science
- July 24-28: Eco Ambassadors
- July 31- Aug. 4: Radical Reptiles
- Aug. 7-11: Blast from the Past
- Aug. 14-18: Space Odyssey
Summer Break Camp
Dates: June 12 - Aug. 18
- Camp hours: 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop off: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Pick up: 4 - 5 p.m.
- Early drop off: 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Late pick up: 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Early bird registration: $108 per child per week; must register by April 15
- Regular registration: $120 per child per week; includes
- Sibling discount: $108 per additional child
- Annual registration fee: $12
- Early drop off and late pick up: $10 per child per week
What should my child have for this program?
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sun block
A.D. Barnes Park
Sense of Wonder Nature Center
For reservations call
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.