Camp Owaissa Bauer
17001 SW 264th Street
Homestead, FL 33031
Open Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pmCamp Owaissa Bauer, special activity area of the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department, is designed for group camping and is located in Homestead, Florida. Owaissa - a place far away. Far away from the hustle and bustle of your busy everyday life. The camp occupies a 110-acre tract of pineland studded with tropical hammock growth, and is provided and maintained by Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department. The many natural features of the camp area may be observed from nature trails. Here, campers can learn about animals, vegetation, and geology of South Florida. All natural features of the camp are protected, planned, and designed for both adults and children. It is complete with buildings and facilities to accommodate a total of 160 campers for overnight and extended period camping. The camp is available to organized groups up to one (1) year in advance by contacting the Camp Manager's office. The Camp Manager and staff are based on the campgrounds for your assistance. The organized groups must provide such directors, counselors, and kitchen personnel as are necessary to conduct their individual camping program. Camp Owaissa Bauer is the ideal place for group retreats, camps (athletic, band, spring, summer, winter) family reunions, school field trips, meetings, weddings and/or receptions, birthday parties, pool parties and more. Facilities at Camp OB
- 4 air conditioned dormitory-style cabins that can sleep 100 people. Bunk beds with vinyl-coveredmattresses, restroom located in each cabin.
- 2 non-air conditioned cabins that can sleep an additional 50 people.
- 3 separate air conditioned quarters that can sleep a combined total of 10 people.
- Bath house with separate men's & women's and ADA accessible showers.
- Large air conditioned Dining Hall with fully equipped kitchen.
- Recreation patio with ping-pong tables and benches.
- Meeting room * perfect for smaller meeting or arts & crafts.
- Large (35'x75', 3'-8' depth) swimming pool, basketball courts, volleyball courts, softball field.
- Hayrides and Campfires
Reservations taken up to one (1) year in advance.
- Check-in will be between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on the first day of the encampment.
- Check-out will be between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on the last day of your encampment.
- Late Check-out is available if requested in advance.
Day Rentals (up to 10:00 p.m.)
- Day rental includes exclusive use of the dining hall, kitchen, basketball and volleyball courts and athletic field.
Camp Owaissa Bauer also offers party packages. Call for more information.