You may choose to receive an absentee ballot only for a specific election or for all elections in which you are eligible to vote for through the next regularly scheduled general election.
Complete your Absentee Ballot Request Form with these four easy steps:
- Complete the entire form by typing in your information. The areas highlighted are required fields.
- Print out the completed form.
- Provide your signature.
- Mail to the address located on the bottom of the form.
To request on-line, please go to
For more information, you may contact 305-499-8444.
Absentee Ballot Requested/Returned by Designee
Per Chapter 12, Section 12-14 of the Miami Dade County Code, an absentee ballot may be requested and returned by a voter’s designee for any election. When requesting a ballot by designee, there is a limit of two ballots per election, only one of which may be for a voter who is not the spouse, parent, child, grandparent or sibling of the designee.
An absentee ballot may only be requested/returned on the day prior to and the day of the election if the person designated by the voter is an immediate family member and only on the day of the election if the designee is not an immediate family member. To request/return an absentee ballot the following options are available:
- The designee and voter complete an affidavit, available on the link below. Picture identification of the designee must be presented along with the completed affidavit when requesting or returning the absentee ballot.
- The designee completes the affidavit and the voter provides a written request containing specific information found on our Absentee Ballot Request/Return Policies, available on the link below. Picture identification, affidavit and voter’s written request must be presented when requesting or returning the absentee ballot.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.