(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- The Miami-Dade Elections Department is now ensuring polling places are ready to accommodate voters tomorrow and reminds voters to come prepared.
Lester Sola, Miami-Dade County Supervisor of Elections reminds voters that:
- Tomorrow is Election Day.
- Unlike during Early Voting, voters must go to their assigned polling place, which is listed on their Voter Information Card. This information is also available on the Department’s website by clicking “View Your Polling Place.”
- Voters must bring a photo ID with a signature to vote.
- Polls are open from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- The sample ballot is available on the Department’s website by clicking “View Your Sample Ballot.” Registered voters also received this by mail.
- Results will be posted on the Department’s homepage beginning at 7:15 PM.
- Miami-Dade Elections ensures all eligible voters their right to vote. Any person who believes that he/she is eligible to vote, but who is not deemed eligible by polling place personnel, can always vote a provisional ballot, which will be considered by the Miami-Dade County Canvassing Board.
Media interested in obtaining election footage throughout Election Day are encouraged to visit the following media-friendly precincts, given the facility layout and visual accessibility for observers:
- Precinct 182/187 Griffing Senior Citizens Center – 12220 Griffing Blvd
- Precinct 759 South Kendall Community Church - 16550 SW 147 Ave
- Precinct 765 General Conference 7th Day Adventist - 8100 SW 117 Ave
- Precinct 569/995 Stanley Axlrod UTD Towers, Inc - 1809 Brickell Ave
At the close of Early Voting, 39,691 people cast their ballot in this election, and more than 77,000 have returned an absentee ballot. Absentee voters must ensure the Elections Department receives their ballot by 7:00 PM tomorrow to be accepted as valid.
For more information, log on to www.miamidade.gov/elections or call 3-1-1.