(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Early Voting in Miami-Dade County will start tomorrow and run through Saturday, November 3. For eight consecutive days, registered voters can cast their ballot at any of the 20 Early Voting sites conveniently located throughout Miami-Dade County from 7:00am to 7:00pm each day.
Voters who plan on voting early should remember the following before heading to an Early Voting site:
- Free parking is offered to Early Voters in Downtown Miami on the weekends. Voters going to the Stephen P. Clarke Center Early Voting Site, 111 NW 1 Street Miami, Florida 33128, will have free access Parking Lot A - which is east of the building and accessible on NW 3 Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue - on October 27 (Saturday), October 28 (Sunday), and November 3 (Saturday).
- Voters must bring identification that contains a photo and their signature. Acceptable forms of ID can be found on the Elections Department website or by calling 3-1-1. If the voter does not have ID available, they will be asked to vote a provisional ballot. While the Voter Information Card is not required to vote, it can help expedite the check-in process, so bringing it is always encouraged.
- Wait times for all 20 sites will also be posted on the Department's website and will be updated throughout the day, so that voters can make an informed decision as to when and where is most convenient.
- Voters are also encouraged to review their personalized sample ballot on the Elections Department website. This allows voters to see exactly what is on their ballot in advance so they are prepared before casting their vote.
Media entities are reminded the following before heading to a voting location for Early Voting coverage:
- A list of Early Voting sites and wait times are available on the Elections website.
- As always, the early voting site opening (prior to 7 a.m.) and closing (after the last voter has voted) procedures are a public process, and the public and media may be present inside the polling room during those times as long as they do not interfere with the procedures.
- During voting hours, media are not permitted inside the actual polling room. Video and/or photographs can only be taken from the door or outside the polling place. News interviews with voters, campaigners, candidates, etc can only be conducted 100 feet from the polling location. Exit polling may be conducted at 75 feet from the polling location.
- Early Voting turnout statistics will be available on the Elections Department homepage nightly after the polls close.
For additional information, please visit www.miamidade.gov/elections or call 3-1-1.