Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Miami-Dade County has a series of educational environmental material available for students, teachers and residents. Our brochures are available upon request electronically, at our educational events or by requesting a hard copy.
For more information, please call 305-372-6784.
- Asbestos (5 MB)
Basic facts about asbestos and its regulations that all building owners, contractors and the general public should know.
- Assessing Damage and Restoring Trees After a Hurricane (5.8 MB)
This publication is part of an Urban Forest Hurricane Program, aimed at citizens and communities who seek to rebuild and set better urban forest management practices so that future storms are less devastating.
- Dig in Dade (1 MB) Siembre en el Condado Miami-Dade (1 MB)
Information about planting and caring for your trees in Miami-Dade.
- Dogs Can't Flush Los Animales Domesticos Necesitan Su Ayuda
Facts and tips to prevent water contamination and minimize health risks due to pollutants from improperly disposed pet waste.
- Environmental Directory
Contact information for environmental-related resources.
- Environmental Tips for your home (1.3 MB) Consejos Ambientales para su Hogar (1 MB)
Helpful tips to live healthier, protect the environment, and save money.
- Environmentally Endangered Lands Program (1.6 MB)
The program's main focus is the protection and conservation of endangered lands. The County manages 2,800 acres of natural lands and more than 23,500 acres are protected.
- Fats, Oils and Grease Aceites y grasas de alimentos (1.1 MB)
This publication is intended to assist food preparation establishments with compliance with their Grease Trap permit and manage of disposal of fats, oils and grease, as well as information about installation and maintenance of grease traps.
- Flood Information (4 MB)
Information on flood protection and what Miami-Dade County has been doing to improve flood control.
- Marine Debris (7.5 MB) (English & Spanish)
Information on marine debris and its effect on our environment.
- Mooring Buoy Program (1.5 MB)
Basic information, a map and coordinates for a system of mooring buoys to protect natural and artificial reefs from damage caused by boat anchors.
- Prohibited Plant Poster No deseadas o prohibidas
Pest plants which are illegal to sell or plant in Miami-Dade County.
- Protect Yourself - What to Know When Hiring a Contractor
Basic information on ways to safeguard against faulty and hazardous construction work.
- Recycle Used Oil (2.3 MB) (English & Spanish)
Tips on oil recycling and information on the consequences that illegally dumped oil has on our environment.
- Tree Smart (5 MB) (English & Spanish)
A guide to the facts on tree maintenance, such as proper pruning.
- Wetlands Permitting (7 MB) (English & Spanish)
Information on the environmental importance of wetlands, wetlands permitting and a map of Miami-Dade County’s wetlands.
- Why Florida Native Plants (English & Spanish)
Information about Florida’s native plants and their importance to Florida’s natural environment.
- Your Environment & Environmental Resources Management (3 MB) (English & Spanish)
Information about Miami-Dade County and its role in protecting the environment.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.